A 4 year old girl was wrapped and duct-taped to a chair in school. When her parents found out what happened, they were upset and horrified.
Elysha Brooks and Christian Evans where totally shocked when they got a call from the Department of Children and Family Services, who showed them a disturbing photo of their daughter.
The photo, which was reportedly shared on Snapchat by a teacher, showed the couple’s daughter tightly strapped to a plastic chair with duct tape.
While Brooks and Evans suspect that the incident must have happened while their daughter was at Little Learners of Florissant Daycare, the center itself never actually informed them of it.
“One of her teachers DuctTaped her to a Chair and posted her on SC (Snapchat),” Brooks wrote in a Facebook post. “Received a call from a hotline and they sent me this pic of my baby. This incident supposedly happened in March and the daycare still fail to inform us of the situation.”
“Also failed to document a incident of a rock being lodged in my baby ear that almost damaged her eardrum….” she continued.
Brooks said she was stunned when she received the report about her daughter, especially since nobody had ever said a single word to her about what happened.
“I’m looking at a picture of my daughter duct-taped to a chair, and her facial expression, I can just imagine how she felt,” Brooks said to KFVS.
Though Brooks and Evans are furious over the way their daughter was treated by the daycare, they desperately want to know why she was taped to the chair in the first place.
“I won’t be happy until that daycare is shut down, for one, and whoever did this to my child, whoever it is, either – it’s not an either – she needs to be in jail,” Evans said of the teacher who taped the 4-year-old to the chair.
“Seeing your child duck taped to a chair, seeing the anxiety, seeing how scared your kid is, knowing for one that you’re not there to protect them and knowing for two that you have people around that would stoop to that level to hurt your child puts you in a crazy mind state,” he added.
As for Brooks, she wants other parents to know that something like this could happen to their children too.
“Double check on these daycares before you go to them because I thought my daughter was safe,” she said.