You likely use lemons sparingly. Maybe you squeeze a quarter into your water or use the juice to season chicken. If this is the only citrus action in your life, you are seriously missing out. According to Organic Facts, lemon is remarkably salubrious. The yellow fruit contains vitamins C, B6, A, and E, as well as copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and phosphorus.
Continue reading to learn the many (some unexpected!) ways to get more lemon in your life.
1. Clear the air. Next time you see not-quite-ripe green lemons at the market, grab them! Slice a lemon into four pieces and place the fruit on a plate. Surround the citrus in a circle of salt and place the plate under or next to your bed stand. According to Healthy Magazine 365, doing so will clear your bedroom of any negative energy. The citrus absorbs the negative energy, so it is crucial to toss the lemons immediately the next morning.
2. Increase focus. Aromatherapy is a powerful tool. According to Celestine Vision, smelling lemon essential oil can have an energizing and uplifting effect. It can also increase concentration and make you more alert. To be more productive, try diffusing lemon essential oil in your workplace, or even take a whiff of a freshly cut lemon.
3. Brighten nails. Few things are worse than weak, brittle nails. Unfortunately, exposure to chemicals and the elements can corrode and discolor nails. This is why Livestrong recommends applying homemade nail strengthener made from 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon to the nail bed and underside of each nail.
4. Lower blood pressure. It’s as easy as drinking lemon water three to four times daily. True Activist says the most effective method is to drink lemon juice with warm water on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
5. Fight respiratory infections. Gargling lemon water can have miraculous effects on even the most persistent respiratory infections, reports True Activist. This is because lemon is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
6. Eliminate dandruff. Is your dandruff bad enough that you avoid black clothing? True Activist has a solution for you! Massage a couple of tablespoons into your scalp during your next shower before rinsing with water.
7. Soften calluses. Mix lemon juice with baking soda and rub the solution into calluses and rough spots on the elbows and knees. Rinse the skin with equal parts water and lemon juice. Finish your at-home treatment by gently massaging olive oil into your skin. This home remedy as suggested by True Activist will make you feel like a goddess.
8. Disinfect cuts. This one might sting, but True Activist promises the effects are worth the burn! Protect a minor cut or scrape against infection by holding a cotton ball dipped in lemon juice over the wound for one minute.
Convinced? SHARE this article on social media!